Thursday, December 13, 2012

Winter's Embrace

Winter's Embrace

The ice cold flake falls to my porcelain white nose, closing my dark eyes hidden underneath long lashes, I cringe as the wind stings my cheeks, instantaneously I froze as my ears prick to that ice and powder crunching beneath my toes that I can no longer feel, chilling my back and I shiver.
Continuing my short stride, I walk through the whiteout, to my left, chain linked with ice and snow, far out in this darkness, deep; what were stunning green trees are now frosted thick heavy white branches.

I stop suddenly gazing around, as a branch gives way from it's lingering weight tumbling with a light powdery mist as the snow hits the large bank formed on the ground.

More flakes plunge to the endless white from the low grey ceiling above. Gracely pulling my hood over my head to protect my hair from the flowing flakes I break for the forest, enjoying my time the enticing aloneness for it's what I so deeply love.

No comments:

Post a Comment