Saturday, December 1, 2012

Goodbye To You

Goodbye To You

Alone as I am, I am not.
For when I close my eyes,
it's you that has me caught
through your hatred and lies.

As much as I try to forget your face,
your wit, your love, your deep grey eyes,
your smell, your style, your easy grace.
Your carefree smile, your shape, your pouty lip,
 your not perfect, but perfect teeth.
Every time I concentrate to forget you,
these feelings are burned into
my touch, my eyes, my memories,
my lips, my heart, my everything.

Please let me forget you now,
since we have gone our separate ways.
You've left me alone in a daze
with this courage I begin to see how.

I'll never love again like this,
I was blinded by you
and who's to say that love was even true,
did it ever start with a kiss.
Or would we argue on that too.
So I'm saying goodbye my love,
goodbye to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment