Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sail's Mast

Sail's Mast

Cool dim lighting surrounds the lonely seats,
I inhale cautiously, filling my lungs with musty air.
I grasp the bar putting up my feet
as I begin to relax in the chair.

In front a familiar coaster appears.
Instinctively my hand hits the counter
and I fight the urge and hide my tears.
I am not myself, seeing the glass, I found her.

Three ice cubes and a green lime wedge,
clink and sparkle like diamonds.
Clear glossy liquid pours down my throat,
slamming the empty glass down to the ledge.
That's where I begin to float,
thoughts that consumed me
surrender and leave me free.

Leaving behind a bill, I walk for the door.
Button after Button, I face the cold,
taking long strides, lacking confidence untold.
Continuing with grace, long and growing sore.

Trying to block the remnants of my past,
but clearly each day the depression consumes me.
One day I'll live like a Sail's strength surely,
gliding the waters of my destructions,
sailing, smoothly, rising strongly,
awaiting the day to see my mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment