Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dear John

Dear John

Every night I can't sleep because I'm too worried about you, I hate being alone,
And I'm scared of the facts that you may never come home.
Every morning I look to where you slept and I cry because you're not there,
And every time the news is on more soldiers are falling, and it's not fair.
Bullets won't make you fall, you see
And so I pray to the gods,
That you'll make through it all,
And come home to me.
Dear John won't you come back to me,
Dear John we're meant to be,
Dear John I want to hold your hand,
Dear John I think you're grand,
You lift me up, guide me through,
Make me want to run to you.
So Dear John keep your head held high,
And Dear John I'll try not to cry.
All this time I've been waiting for you to come home, it's been many years.
The pain in my chest is true I know you'll make it through as the future nears.
I can't breathe because this isn't simple, you're not bulletproof and I can't lose you for good,
I know you'd come back to me, if, if only you could.
So Dear John I'll pray for you, and dry my tears,
Force many smiles, and hide all my fears.
I heard a car drive up and two uniformed men got out,
My heart stopped suddenly and I had one doubt.
They placed your life in my hands engraved on tags,
My mind could only envision the day you packed your bags.
I never wanted this day to come,
I never wanted to really see,
The truth to this reality.
Hoping for the best without regret,
Praying that you'd change your mind,
But your mind was already set.

No comments:

Post a Comment