Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Stand Still

Stand Still
 
The depths linger in this darkness
which surrounds me all too closely,
blank stares prick my skin regardless
making the nights seem all too lonely.
 
Personified the time stands still,
remarkable crystal running water
reaching down the rocks with ease
with your presence time has altered,
grasping moments you couldn't seize.
Until the day comes crawling over hill,
mountainous winds makes this time stand still.
 
And though I long to breathe
in this crisp air that tastes so heavy,
long with the ocean's salty breeze,
for these crystalline rocks miss me.
 
Strong to the ground and stand
still to the moist moss emerald,
reaching forth take thine hand
breaching limestone's threshold.
 
Standing still against these minerals,
toes wiggle and sparkle like quartz,
time passing clouds toll intervals,
remaining I stand still in all sorts miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment